Earth Day (April 22) is the perfect time to help Catholics in your area respond to Pope Francis’ call to “be ‘protectors’ of creation”!
Here are ten ways you can celebrate Earth Day!
1. Get Catholic Climate Covenant’s free, downloadable Earth Day 2016 Program Guide.
2. Watch the video on Care for God’s Creation from the Catholic Social Teaching 101 video series by Catholic Relief Servics and USCCB.
4. Use these resources for liturgy and preaching on the Sunday before or after Earth Day to call attention to our role in caring for God’s creation.
7. Gift Green Street Park or Drop by Drop to your parish’s religious education program or school. Both of these children’s books are about kids caring for creation.
8. Get inspired by what others are doing to Act Together to care for creation.
10. Advocate! Participate in this current action alert.
How will you celebrate Earth Day? Let us know in the comments below.